The FAN EXPO Canada team will be getting ready for another record-breaking year in 2018 and want your help!
Whether you have been coming to the show for years or volunteered previously – perhaps you are new to the show or are just a fan of Comics, Sci-Fi, Horror, Anime, and/or Gaming. Regardless, we want to hear from you.
2018 VOLUNTEER APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
How do I volunteer?
- You must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- You must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- You must be available for an interview, as well as any orientation meetings that follow your acceptance as a volunteer (approximately 1-2).
- You must be available to work a shift each day of the show.
Please note: Although we do receive many out-of-town requests to volunteer, FAN EXPO Canada is not responsible for travel, parking, OR accommodations.
The FAN EXPO Canada volunteer team is:
- Expected to act appropriately as they are representatives of FAN EXPO Canada.
- Expected to maintain confidentiality with any information received at FAN EXPO Canada.
- Not permitted to make any statements or actions that would affect the convention, including statements to the public and/or press.
- Expected to perform their requested duties to the best of their abilities. If for any reason volunteers are unable to do what is asked of them, please inform the Supervisor so that other arrangements can be made.
- Not guaranteed to work in a specific event. Some duties will be specific to either Anime, Science Fiction, Horror, Gaming, or Comic, while others will deal with all events.
How much time do I have to give?
- A minimum of one shift of 5-6 hours each day is requested.
- Volunteers are free to participate in the activities of the convention before and after their scheduled duties.
What is the dress code?
- Volunteers are asked to dress casually and appropriately. No ripped jeans, short shorts or skirts, offensive shirts, etc.
- To be courteous to co-workers and patrons, volunteers will practice clean personal hygiene. Please avoid using excessive amounts of perfumes, colognes, and/or hairsprays that may cause a problem for allergy sufferers.
- Volunteers are welcome to come in costume as long as the costumes do not cause any limitations to their abilities to perform their duties.
- The FAN EXPO Canada staff reserves the right to dismiss any volunteer whom they feel does not adhere to the guidelines set out by FAN EXPO Canada, and/or who fails to satisfactorily complete their duties.
What rewards do I get?
Our amazing volunteers are the heart of our show. Along with accidentally photo-bombing Darth Vader, volunteers will receive:
- A glimpse of the behind-the-scenes workings of FAN EXPO Canada while volunteering at the show.
- When off-duty, you‘ll have full access to FAN EXPO Canada exhibits. You can attend panels, participate in games, go to Q&A’s, and purchase photo/autograph sessions.
- A discount on FAN EXPO Canada merchandise.
- Snacks and refreshments during shifts.
- An opportunity to experience invaluable community service.
- A chance to be part of the community while having fun.
- And last but not least, a commemorative FAN EXPO Canada Tshirt and lanyard.