HOW TO GET YOUR FREE MASQUERADE TICKET
1) Due to seating capacity, a Deluxe Pass is required for admission to this event.
2) Free Masquerade Audience Seating Tickets will be given out one per person at the Masquerade Registration booth in the main lobby beginning 10am, Saturday, August 24th, 2013
3) Due to limited seating capacity and “camping out” of audience members for entry to theatre, a seating ticket will be given to audience members that will guarantee them a seat in the theatre. After capacity is reached, and all tickets have been distributed, any remaining persons will be the “stand by” audience for any available seating that is left, but seats cannot be guaranteed without a ticket. Warning: We may have to turn you away when we are full!
4) Audience participation is sometimes part of the Masquerade “show”, but heckling of the participants, volunteers, director or host will result in immediate ejection from the theatre and the entire FAN EXPO CANADA.
HOW TO BE A CONTESTANT IN MASQUERADE
1) All contestants must have a Deluxe pass to enter this event.
2) Registration for contestants will also take place beginning 10am, Saturday, August 24th at the Masquerade booth in the main lobby, and close at 1:30pm the same day.
3) Registration for contestants will be capped this year, so if you know you want to take part, please register early.
4) To be eligible for an award, all costumes must be made by the show participants. Purchased, or rented costumes are welcome to be shown on stage out-of-competition, but will not be eligible for awards or prizes.
5) Presentations are limited to 60 seconds. Groups are restricted to 12 participates at a time for any one presentation. Entries exceeding the time limits may lose points on judging.
6) Microphones will NOT be available. The MC will read short prepared comments or you may submit your own comments along with music on a pre-recorded CD. Lines said on stage cannot be heard by most of the audience, so please put them on CD! Be sure to cue and label your CD. You may submit a CD with only music to accompany the presentation of your costume. ALL CD’S MUST BE RECORED IN AN AUDIO CD FORMAT. NO MP3, WAV, RAR, etc will be accepted! We will not accept, hold, or use, USB sticks, ipods, mp3players, or any other technical devices. Contestants are responsible for picking up their CD’s between 12pm – 2pm on Sunday, August, 25th 2012, at the masquerade registration desk, otherwise they are considered abandoned and become the property of Fan Expo Canada.
7) No messy, wet, or icky substances that will make life difficult for the other contestants. Use of such items will result in immediate disqualification.
8) No flagrant nudity. “No Costume is No Costume”.
9) No live animals will be allowed on stage, with the exception of seeing-eye dogs if required by the contestant.
10) No electrical power connections will be provided. If your costume requires power it must be part of your costume design.
11) No dangerous or potentially dangerous props will be allowed. No real sword fighting, projectile weapons, pyrotechnics, or live flame of any kind. If you are unsure about your props or presentation please ask the Masquerade Director.
12) Surprise the audience, but not the Masquerade Director. If you are planning something particularly “unique” please let us know in advance.
13) When exiting the stage please do not approach the judges.
14) The masquerade director reserves the right to exclude any costume from the show that he/she deems inappropriate or for any reason the masquerade director determines to be sufficient.
15) The decisions of the judges are final.