Here is your chance to be part of something really special. As part of our celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who, Fan Expo Canada will be the site of a Guinness World Record attempt for the largest gathering of Daleks ever! We need your help on the morning of Saturday, August 24th to break the record! But, Guinness has it’s strict rules, so read carefully:
Official Requirements from Guinness for Costume
DEFINITION OF RECORD
This record is for the greatest number of people gathered in one venue dressed as Daleks.
SPECIFIC GUIDELINES FOR LARGEST GATHERING OF DALEKS
1. All participants must be in position simultaneously i.e. in a cordoned off area
and remain so for a minimum of 10 minutes.
2. A loud start and finish signal recognised by all… participants must be used. Two
experienced timekeepers (e.g. from a local athletics club) must time the attempt
with stopwatches accurate to 0.01 seconds.
3. All participants must wear the costume for the entirety of the attempt.
4. All costumes must clearly resemble a Dalek as in the below picture.
5. Daleks costumes must, at a minimum, adhere to the following requirements:
a. The base of the costume must be a decahedron.
b. Panels rising from the base to the middle must have a minimum of 4
c. The costume must contain an eyestalk mounted on the dome at the head
of the costume.
d. The costume must contain a gun mount and telescopic manipulator, or
recognisable representations thereof.
Quick Wrap up , Eyestalk, gun, plunger, ten sided base with 4 hemispheres each.
If your using a skirt or dress as the base then the sections can be marked by tape, seams, pleats, or ribbon, even sharpie will work as long as it is visible.
See examples of what is acceptable and learn how to make your own Dalek costume cheaply and quickly by clicking here and joining the official Facebook group.